Did you know that you can fund your Skrill account using Boku? Both of these payment methods are hugely popular amongst online casino players and if you cannot decide between them, the good news is you can use both.
Carry on reading to find out more about Boku, Skrill, the pros and cons of each payment method plus how to make a Boku deposit into your Skrill account.
What is Skrill?
Skrill is an e-wallet system that was specifically designed for online gamblers to make deposits into their online casino account easily. This works in the same way as other popular e-wallet systems such as PayPal. Players can create a Skrill account that acts as the middleman between their bank account and their casino account. Therefore, your sensitive banking information is protected. When making a deposit with Skrill, players have to enter their depositing amount and Skrill details. Once the transaction is confirmed, the money will instantly be transferred from the e-wallet account into the casino account.
What is Boku?
Boku is a form of mobile payment that allows players to make quick deposits into their online casino account via their mobile device. What many players enjoy about this service is its additional layers of security. There is no need to enter any bank details online as the transaction is carried out through your mobile service provider. With pay as you go SIM cards, the deposited money will instantly be deducted from your account. If you have a pay monthly SIM card, the deposited amount will be added to your monthly phone bill. Players can then pay off this entire bill at once.
How to Make a Boku Deposit into Your Skrill Account
Making a Boku deposit to fund your Skrill account is easy and can be done in just a few simple steps. Here’s our step by step guide on how to do this:
- Create a Skrill account which can be done via the Skrill website
- Log into your Skrill account and head over to the deposit area
- Select Boku as your payment method of choice
- Enter your mobile number and the depositing amount
- Confirm the transaction via the SMS message sent to your phone
- The money will be transferred to your Skrill account instantly
Not only can you fund your Skrill account using Boku, but there are plenty of other payment options available. This includes a bank transfer and Paysafecard.
The Pros and Cons of Boku
Paying by mobile is a fast and secure payment option that many players opt for. Find out more here about its pros and cons:
- Fees – Boku does not charge players any fees for using its service
- Security – players do not have to enter their sensitive banking information into the casino and so reduce any potential hacking risks
- Fast – after confirming your deposit, the money will instantly be transferred to your casino account
- Convenience – there is no need to set up any accounts with Boku. All you need is a mobile phone and a working UK SIM card
- Responsible gambling – Boku has a lower daily deposit limit of £30 compared to other payment methods which can help promote responsible gambling and staying within budget
- Withdrawals – you cannot use Boku to make withdrawals, however, you can use it to fund your Skrill account and then use Skrill for withdrawals
- Accessibility – Boku is not yet available at all online casinos (check these casinos that accept Boku)
- Fees – while Boku does not charge players any fees, many online casinos apply a fee of up to 15% on your deposit
- Daily limits – Boku is a good option for those who want extra responsible gambling tools but the low daily deposit limits will not be suitable for high-rolling players
The Pros and Cons of Skrill
Skill is one of the most widely used e-wallets available online, not just in the world of online gambling, but also more generally. While it is a great payment method for some players, it will not be for everyone. Consider the following pros and cons before deciding whether you want to get started funding your Skrill account with Boku:
- Withdrawals – in addition to being used for deposits, it can be used for withdrawals too
- Limited casino fees – while some casinos may charge you to use Skrill, the vast majority will not apply any fees
- Ease of use – Skrill is very easy to set up and all you need is your account details to start depositing cash into your casino account
- Fast – this payment method works extremely quickly and will instantly transfer both deposits and withdrawals
- Funding your account – players do not need to use their bank account to fund their Skrill account as you can use other payment methods such as Boku
- Security – players benefit from an additional layer of security as you do not need to enter your sensitive banking information into the online casino and risk it being hacked
- Fees – while casinos may not charge you for using this payment method, Skrill does have a varying range of fees that can be fairly high on some types of transactions
- Convenience – while Skrill is convenient in that it is quick and easy to use, not all online casinos offer this payment method
Both Boku and Skrill are good payment options for UK players and many will take up the opportunity to fund their Skrill account with Boku. This allows you to use Boku but avoid the casino fees, keep your banking details safe online and you can then use Skrill for your withdrawals, something that is not available with Boku.